Transparent film dressings used to cover and secure I.V. sites to protect at-risk skin, or as a primary or secondary dressing over acute wounds, surgical sites, and chronic wounds. Breathable film provides a bacterial and viral barrier to outside contaminants. Laboratory testing has proven Tegaderm™ and Tegaderm™ HP dressings provide a viral barrier (HIV-1 and HBV) while the dressings remain intact without leakage. Tegaderm™ Film has a "frame" and “first aid” delivery system that makes placement quick and easy.
• Versatility allows you to use one product for many applications.
• Breathable film allows moisture vapor and oxygen exchange.
• For I.V. sites, water vapor and oxygen are easily exchanged to permit normal functioning of the skin.
• Provides a moist environment for enhanced wound healing, as viscous wound exudate is more slowly evaporated through the breathable film.
• Unique, thin film conforms to the body and flexes with the skin for greater patient comfort.
• Sterile, waterproof dressing provides a bacterial and viral barrier to outside contaminants and allows the patient to shower.
For use in wound care and skin protection:
• Clean, closed surgical incisions
• Abrasions, skin tears, blisters
• Skin graft donor sites
• Superficial partial thickness burns
• Stage I or II pressure ulcers
• Autolytic debridement facilitated by the moist wound healing environment
• Secondary dressing
Protective eye coverings
• Skin protection against moisture & friction
To cover and protect I.V. catheter sites and secure devices to the skin:
• Peripheral and midline venous catheters
• Central venous catheters
• Implanted infusion devices (ports)
• Dialysis catheters
• Pulmonary artery catheters
• Arterial catheters
• Epidural catheters