You need more than a simple safety catheter – you need the Introcan Safety IV Catheter from B.Braun for advanced needlestick protection and innovative design features. Unparalleled attention to detail means that every component of this safety catheter makes your job easier and keeps your patients happier. The Introcan Safety® Universal Bevel causes less patient discomfort than a traditional lancet cut, and also allows you to insert the catheter from a broad range of angles. Advanced lubrication helps your patient stay more comfortable and also assists you in easily advancing the catheter. A transparent Flashback Chamber gives you a clear view of the blood and won’t slip out of your grasp. The Push-Off Plate helps you insert the catheter with only one hand more easily. A locking bevel indicator improves the stability of catheter advancement and marks the bevel-up orientation. You have the versatility of attaching a syringe to the catheter’s removable flashplug. The Introcan Safety IV Catheter’s safety clip is activated automatically and cannot be disabled. This passive safety technology is more effective than “active” safety catheters that must be initiated by the user. The Introcan Safety IV Catheter is made of FEP polymer that is DEHP- and latex-free. 18G x 1-1/4
• Clear Flashback Chamber allows easy visibility of blood, and its ribbed design affords secure handling.
• Locking bevel indicator easily identifies bevel-up orientation and adds stability during catheter advancement.
• Removable flashplug permits attachment of a syringe for aspiration or other special procedures.
• Smooth, comfortable catheter advancement is made possible with a new optimized lubrication process.
• The Push-Off Plate facilitates easy insertion with one-handed technique, and acts as a bevel orientation indicator.